HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » I'm guessing MikaJo and o...

Fri Feb 17, 2017, 11:49 AM

I'm guessing MikaJo and others expected tRump to pivot. He hasn't.

I'm thinking that the Morning Joke crew and others who had tRump's ear during the election were convinced when tRump told them the campaign was all an act, and that once elected, he would pivot to normal and become the greatest president ever.

Hasn't happened. Their reaction is based largely on the realization that they let themselves be conned by a well-known grifter. Their current remarks are tempered by the guilt they now feel about being instrumental in getting this monster elected.

If tRump could act at all normal, they would still support him and his horrible policies.

2 replies, 227 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply I'm guessing MikaJo and others expected tRump to pivot. He hasn't. (Original post)
stopbush Friday OP
manicraven Friday #1
monmouth4 Friday #2

Response to stopbush (Original post)

Fri Feb 17, 2017, 12:07 PM

1. So if they've dumped trump, maybe many others are as well.

There must be many who were hoping he'd deliver on good jobs, infrastructure (as Obama couldn't get his plans through but Trump, they thought, was a strong man and would), and that he'd also protect the social safety net. So, they voted for trump as they hoped his antics--such as calling people names, ranting, and coarseness--were just for the campaign, but now they're realizing this guy is truly a horrible, vindictive person and hasn't got a clue about what he's doing and is unstable.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to manicraven (Reply #1)

Fri Feb 17, 2017, 06:44 PM

2. Halperin and Willie were quite subdued..Sad..n/t

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread