HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Politics 2014 (Forum) » Begala: Hillary Doesn't N...

Thu Mar 14, 2013, 11:48 PM

Begala: Hillary Doesn't Need A 'Facelift,' She's 'A Real Woman,' Not A 'Republican Society Lady'

Paul Begala: Hillary Clinton Doesn't Need A 'Facelift,' She's 'A Real Woman,' Not A 'Republican Society Lady'

Democratic strategist and CNN contributor Paul Begala faced off against conservative media mogul Tucker Carlson for an event at CPAC on Thursday, exchanging jabs on a number of political topics. Given the opportunity, Begala also shot down a conservative audience member who attempted to get in a jab at Hillary Clinton.

-snip-

"She would be a great president," Begala said of Clinton, going on to claim that the fact that Republicans are already attacking her is a sign they are "afraid."

"I hope she does (run) -- I have no idea if she will," Begala continued, going on to list a number of things that he believes Clinton wants to do outside of electoral politics.

"I think she's actually gonna first live a life, write her book, reacquaint herself with the real world..." he started.

"Get a facelift!" someone in the crowd interjected, seemingly channeling a topic of discussion on Fox News last month.

-snip-

"No, not get a facelift," Begala said. "She's not a Republican society lady, she's a real woman."

-snip-

Full article and Video here: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/03/14/paul-begala-hillary-clinton_n_2878158.html

9 replies, 1785 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 9 replies Author Time Post
Reply Begala: Hillary Doesn't Need A 'Facelift,' She's 'A Real Woman,' Not A 'Republican Society Lady' (Original post)
Tx4obama Mar 2013 OP
Kath1 Mar 2013 #1
Tx4obama Mar 2013 #2
Kath1 Mar 2013 #3
tblue37 Mar 2013 #5
SunSeeker Mar 2013 #4
csziggy Mar 2013 #6
Jennicut Mar 2013 #7
Cha Mar 2013 #8
MyOwnPeace Mar 2013 #9

Response to Tx4obama (Original post)

Fri Mar 15, 2013, 12:26 AM

1. "Get a facelift!"

That's all they have when confronted with a strong, intelligent and experienced woman. No wonder women are voting overwhelmingly Democratic. I love Begala's response. She is a real woman and the "real women" of this country will support her should she decide to run.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Kath1 (Reply #1)

Fri Mar 15, 2013, 12:38 AM

2. Republicans see women as sex objects. Especially the ones on FauxNews - check out the video below

Reply to this post

Response to Tx4obama (Reply #2)

Fri Mar 15, 2013, 01:09 AM

3. LMAO!

Actually, my daughter and I both laughed our asses off! No wonder all those old men are Fox News junkies. Most of those women probably went into the voting booth and voted Obama-Biden, not that they'd ever let that be public. Can't blame people for wanting to have a good job, though. Thanks for a great laugh after what was a very trying day for me!

Reply to this post

Response to Kath1 (Reply #1)

Fri Mar 15, 2013, 06:13 AM

5. Remember when Rush said in 2008 that America isn't ready to watch Hillary age before

their eyes as president? Of course, male presidents also "age before our eyes," but somehow that is okay with people like Rush. Only women are not allowed to age, or if they do dare to age, they must be kept hidden in a back room, not let out in front to scare the children!

Reply to this post

Fri Mar 15, 2013, 03:29 AM

4. K&R

Reply to this post

Fri Mar 15, 2013, 11:55 AM

6. Why is Begala giving CPAC any legitimacy?

OK, I applaud his comments about Hillary Clinton, but why would he give the crackpots at CPAC a second of his time? All it does is legitimize their insanity!

Reply to this post

Fri Mar 15, 2013, 12:31 PM

7. I am not Hillary's biggest fan all the time

but that is so sexist. Get a facelift. So typical of right wing idiots.

Reply to this post

Fri Mar 15, 2013, 03:45 PM

8. If anyone could use a facelife it's their lackey

joe LIEberman.

Reply to this post

Response to Cha (Reply #8)

Fri Mar 15, 2013, 05:48 PM

9. OK,

I'll say it:

How about some plastic surgery for John McLAME!

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread